1 – Computer (Mac or Windows)
1 – VLC Software
1 – Video File (anything that VLC can open)
- Navigate to the video file on your hard drive.
- Right click on the file and select Open with… and select VLC. Alternatively you can open VLC and from the File Menu choose Open File… and select your video.
- Advance the video to the frame you’d like to capture (Note: the “e” key will advance forward a frame at a time).
- From the Video menu, select Snapshot, or use the keyboard shortcut Option-Command-s.
- The snapshot (still frame) will be automatically saved to the Pictures folder.