1 – Computer (PC or Mac)
1 – Apple’s iTunes program (current version as of this post 8.0.2) – download here
1 – Any Audio CD that is playable in a standard CD player
- Start the iTunes program.
- Before you insert the audio CD, you want to make sure that files will be converted into MP3 audio files. Choose the Edit menu and select Preferences.
- On the General tab, the area in the middle of the page that states “When you insert a CD”, make sure ”Ask to Import CD” is showing.
- Click the Import Settings button.
- For the ”Import Using” setting, select MP3 Encoder. You can also choose between Good, High, Higher, or Custom for the quality setting. Click OK, and then OK again to close the Preferences window.
- Insert the audio CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- After scanning the CD, iTunes will display the track or tracks found on the CD.
- You will be asked if you would like to import the CD into your iTunes library. Click Yes to do so.
- iTunes will now import each song on the audio CD. Importing the CD means converting each song to an MP3 audio file.
- When the tracks have all been imported, a small green checkmark appears next to each file.
- When you click on your Music Library, you should see that the tracks have been added.
- If you wish to locate the MP3 file on your hard drive, right-click the file in the library and choose Show in Windows Explorer, or Show in Finder on the Mac.
- Enjoy your music!