1 – Computer (Mac or Windows)
1 – Connection to the Internet
1 – Web Browser
- In your web browser, go to Google.com
- In the upper-right corner of the site you should see the Gmail link and the Sign In button. Clicking either of those will land you on the sign-in screen.
- Assuming that you don’t have a Google account, click the link below the sign-in area labeled Create account. If you do have a Google account, sign-in and go to step 6.
- Fill in your information on the Create your Google Account screen and click the Next Step button when finished.
- You should arrive at the Welcome screen. You can click the Continue to Gmail button to see that your email account has been established.
- In your browser, go to Youtube.com. Click on the Sign In button and your YouTube account should be created. A blue bar appears that states “You are now registered with YouTube”.
- Click on the My Channel link on the left sidebar. A dialog box appears asking to “Use YouTube as…”. Click Create Channel.
- Your channel is now successfully created. You can now customize your channel how you like.
- To allow for uploading videos that are longer than 15 minutes, you need to verify your account.
- Click the account icon in the upper right corner and then choose Creator Studio.
- Click the Channel Menu to the left. Look for the Feature labeled Longer videos, and click the Enable button.
- Follow the Account Verification process (you’ll request a verification code, enter, and submit it). Click Continue and you’ll now have the ability to upload videos longer than 15 minutes.