1 – Computer
1 – Original PowerPoint presentation file
1 – PowerPoint program ( for this example, PowerPoint 2007)
- Open the original PowerPoint presentation in PowerPoint 2007.
- Click on the “Office button” and choose Save As…
- Choose from either the standard PowerPoint presentation, PowerPoint Show, or an PowerPoint 97-2003.
- The Save As window is where you will either keep the same name for the file, or give your presentation a new name if you want to keep the original (we recommend this).
- Next to the Save button is a Tools button with a drop-down menu. Choose Compress Pictures… from this menu.
- Click the Options button. Under Compression Options , make sure “Automatically perform basic compression on save”, and “Delete cropped areas of pictures” are checked.
- Under Target Options , choose E-mail (96ppi) to create the smallest file possible ( if the quality of the pictures becomes an issue, you can choose a higher quality).
- Click OK to close Options, then click OK to close the Compress Pictures window.
- Finally, click the Save button to complete the process. The resulting file should considerably smaller, depending on how many pictures you have in the presentation.